Offshore Windfarm Transformer Monitoring
The purpose of this trial would be to validate the feasibility of monitoring PD in wind turbine transformers, and determine and solve any additional factors unique to the wind turbine transformer.
- Assessment of the practicality of fitting internal RF sensors to windfarm transformers.
- Identify the factors impacting on ability to measure and the reliability of data
- Experience in the RF measurement environment within the transformer shielding under varying turbine output conditions:
- Variation in background noise level due to changes in conversion power electronics
- Nature of background noise – presence of any non-PD related impulsive noise sources